Saturday, April 8, 2017

I Will Travel Across the Land

Day Eight of Autism Acceptance Month

I can't not say anything about this guy!
 
Satoshi Tajiri (Tajiri Satoshi) was born in Tokyo in 1965 and enjoyed catching bugs as a child.
As the years went by, his interest extended to arcade games. He eventually began skipping classes and did not graduate high school.
However, he still ended up becoming an incredibly successful adult. So what, you ask, did he do?
Oh, he only ended up putting his love for bug catching and video games together...and ended up creating one of the most successful games of all time...POKEMON!
Satoshi is an example of what happens when one is allowed to do their own thing, instead of being forced to follow and conform. While I don't want to sound like I'm stereotyping or profiling-I do have great respect for his culture-it is inspiring that a Japanese kid who did not graduate high school, which is utterly DISGRACEFUL to many Japanese families-ended up designing what would end up being one of the most well-loved games and franchises of all time.
  Pikachu, I Choose You! 


Just remember...this well-loved show and game was thought up by an autistic guy. Who never graduated high school-AND HE WAS FROM JAPAN, WHERE THAT IS SHAMEFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...