Autism Acceptance Month Day 2
Yes, I have mentioned her on this blog many times, however having just finished my first drill weekend with the Ohio Military Reserve...for the second day of Autism Acceptance Month, I feel as though I really must feature the most famous military woman of all time...
She spent most of her time sitting alone in her yard talking to herself...and then went to her country's leader telling him that she heard voices.
It's been hundreds of years since she was born a poor peasant child in France, rose up to become a brilliant leader, and met her ultimate, tragic end at the stake, and Joan of Arc (Jeanne d'Arc) still continues to inspire millions.
Was she autistic? Quite possibly so...or even a higher vibrational being (of course that and autism go together.)
Joan was highly intelligent, incredibly motivated, and a brilliant and capable leader. I am also inspired by her determination to die a "virgin", similar to mine (at a time when basically everyone was expected to marry and have children.)
Watching this video just now, I actually felt a presence hovering over me...a powerful, yet gentle and enlightening presence!
Kerry, thanks for posting this film. I have always been attracted to the person and legend of Joan of arc...almost impossible to believe, yet to consider her as having some form of autism makes sense! Glad to hear of your military reserve work...you will be fabulous at this! Ohioans should feel safer already1
ReplyDeletePlease stay tuned! I'm going to be featuring an autistic person for every day of the month of April! Did you see my first one on Nikola Tesla? Who knows where we might be today, if only people had listened to him!
DeleteJoan of Arc has always been a personal heroine of mine. I may have been the only person who liked the movie about her life that came out 5-10 years ago--the video you posted may have actually been clips from the movie (but I like it so much better with Moya Brenna's soundtrack). One of my most accomplished work colleagues has autism and, working together, we have been able to make some serious headway toward making life better for a number of Ohioans, so I am not surprised that you suspect Joan of Arc may also have been a person living on the spectrum.
ReplyDeleteI visited France several years ago and was very moved by the statue of Joan in a town square. Our guide gave Joan a moving tribute. She is a testament to courage, perseverance, and faith. A good role model for all of us! Best of luck in your own military career.
ReplyDelete