Thursday, January 2, 2025

Welcome to 2025!


Yule gift Zoey, adopted from the Ohio Craft Museum. She and I have planned many adventures for 2025! Made by Olivia's Kloset. 

Hope that everyone had a fulfilling and relaxing holiday season! Now that we've entered 2025, I'm jotting down some thoughts here for this blog, the upcoming months, and moving forward.

-I will blog quite a bit about movies (particularly those pertaining to mental health, trauma, and discrimination -trigger warnings will always be added), as well as reviews on small/indie businesses;

-Concrete plans for the first two months of the year (aside from an OSU class and a virtual writing workshop through The Thurber House) are already in place! My January event will be to work on "Pierre the Penguin" (a "Woobles") crochet project (my very first ever), and hopefully have him done by Imbolc. February will be my third, and sadly final as the event will be discontinued after this year, participation in the Taji 100 ...running (or biking...or swimming...or rowing...) 100 hundred miles throughout the month of February. I'm pumped for this, as I had so much fun the last two years participating (and successfully completed both times!) but also bummed that this will be the last year. However, the event's organizer has come forward and admitted that he needs to step back after this year. We certainly all understand and wish him the best of luck!   

-I will be writing and posting a lot of short fiction. I will not lie: a lot of it may be triggering. Many of my stories may involve characters who self-harm and struggle with mental health. Again, I will always post content warnings, and please don't read anything that you feel may be a trigger. On another note, topics that I have planned: the mysterious world of Plague Doctors, who come to help those who need and are deserving of it; stories set in my alternate universe (a somewhat Steampunk cross between Victorian Boston and Puritan New England) ; and last, but definitely not least, a time travel story involving Sadbh, the wife of Fionn MacCumhail (notice that I said "time travel" -hint, Revolutionary War and Ohio frontier history buffs won't want to miss this one!) 

 As far as movie reviews, stay tuned for an upcoming post on Netflix's "The Six Triple Eight." Highly, highly recommended.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...