Sunday, May 22, 2016

Meditations

I've been trying to meditate for quite a while now...I still can't really get the hang of it, but I've begun to get better. Here's what I have gotten so far-not too much, but important:

1-A few years back, I was sitting quietly, attempting to meditate-I was deep enough-and suddenly I heard a voice say the name "Brigid!" Upon waking up, I realized that the date was just a few days before Imbolc...the feast of the Goddess Brigid. Brigid is the goddess of fire (I am a certified wildland firefighter, hope to get my volunteer structural firefighter certification soon), healing (I'm a certified wilderness first responder and hoping to get my EMT-B soon as well), writing and poetry (I enjoy writing and even tried my hand at some Gothic poetry, some of which I quite enjoy.) So in other words, there are many ways that she could correspond with me. Many times I have felt her presence.

2-One night about a year ago, I was feeling VERY down and depressed. I instantly started thinking about Morrigan, and suddenly I heard her speak to me, in my head. "You are a warrior...and you must never let anyone tell you otherwise." A couple of days later, I began seeing ravens quite periodically (the animal associated with her.) Another time, I had a vision-a raven silhouetted against a misty gray sky and a backdrop of green fields and a voice said, "The battle horn has been sounded-YOU MUST FIGHT!" What could this mean?!

3-I have also felt the presence of Danu and multiple times I have had a vision of a beautiful woman with long curly brown hair and green eyes laying her hands on my head. This I believe is her. I have also heard the message from her "You are never alone."

4-I had a vision of walking through a misty green land. Suddenly, a huge gray dog-an Irish wolfhound-stepped out in front of me, then looked back at me and took off running in front of me...as if it wanted me to follow it? As if there was something for me to discover...

All I've really had so far. I'll keep posting if/when I get more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...