Wednesday, January 16, 2019

We're supposed to write a story inspired by three words of a song. I chose "She's A Rebel" by Green Day. Not sure if I'm going to submit this or not for my class, but I'm still pleased at how it turned out!
And yes, in case anyone was wondering, I do feel the presence of Sive very strong now...
I loved Fionn. I sincerely did. But never in that way.
He’s the leader of the Fianna and a talented poet, that’s certainly true. He’s revered in all the corners of Eire. And me? I’m his sweet, timid wife. And I must say, I’m sick of it.
You probably don’t know this, but I was a great fighter in my own right before I met Fionn. My bronze sword was known as Saoirse-Freedom. And no one could best me in a footrace. I became such a strong huntress of the red deer that it began to be whispered that, along with my hunting and running skills, I, myself, could transform into the form of a deer.
I am Sive, the wife of Fionn MacCool. And this is my true story.
On the day Fionn and I were to be handfasted, we were attacked. A horde of his enemies swept down on us just as our wrists were to be tied.
“Sive, get back!” Fionn thundered.
But I refused. What kind of future wife would I be if I cowered behind my husband and allowed him to be slaughtered by his enemies? Swiftly, I pulled out Saoirse from where she was strapped to my back. Together, Fionn and I made quick work of our attackers.
I loved Fionn. And I always will. I still think about him every day. But I never had any romantic or intimate feelings for him. And I, once known as a champion runner and huntress, blessed by the great deer-huntress goddess herself, Flidais, faded into the background as Fionn’s sweet wife. Nothing more.
That’s why I left. I strapped Saoirse to my back and snuck out one dark night while he was away with the Fianna. It was the night of the new moon-the moon of new beginnings, of transformation. And I never returned. I was more than what I had become.
What did I do, did you ask?
I traveled through Connaught, and rallied a small band of women. Together, we escaped into the woods, where we lived among the deer, as disciples of Flidais, the great hunter goddess. We respected the deer, and in return their old, sick and lame provided food and clothing. I challenged women and deer alike them to races, and was never bested. We all had swords and spears, which we knew how to use. And we lived our lives as a band of woman warriors, hunters, and athletes.
I have been lost to history. History says I was kidnapped. But I wasn’t. I left on my own accord.
I am now the goddess of transformation and miracles. Should you ever wish for my assistance, all you need to do is ask and listen. I will always come. Listen. I am there.
I am Sive, and this is my true story. So mote it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...