Saturday, January 19, 2019

Medicine Woman

Jenna's Book Club
For those of you who enjoyed Lucy Pearce's "Burning Woman," the follow up, "Medicine Woman" is certainly a must read.
"Medicine Woman" explores the descriptions of the issues that women have faced for centuries, in being diagnosed with "female hysteria," blown aside, told that everything is "all in their heads" and overall, ignored. Mostly, I agree strongly with this book-particularly the emphasis on "Big Pharma" and discrediting natural and holistic treatments as "quackery."  Lucy describes in vivid detail all the struggles and medical conditions that she has had to experience-and how much of the treatment that she received simply made things worse. I, indeed, can attest that mainstream treatments, in many ways, can only do so much. I discovered just recently that there is, indeed, a very real truth to holistic medicine and energy healing. And the truth is, women more often than not are swept "under the rug" more often than not in regards to mainstream medical treatments. 
It is, overall, greatly asserted that much of women's health issues stem from our fast pace and the toxicity of modern society.
Lucy also reveals that she, is, indeed, autistic (doesn't surprise me at all-that's a compliment, by the way!)   
Overall, I nearly have Lucy Pearce up there with Queen Maeve, Aoife Rua, Grace O'Malley, and Countess Markevicz. That's how inspirational she is. Everyone, I strongly recommend that you read "Burning Woman" and "Medicine Woman," and check her out on Facebook as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...