Monday, January 28, 2019

Musings

Musings:
Although I've never been exactly New Age (I believe that some New Agers get waaay out of whack), and although I've never followed her, I'm still depressed hearing about Doreen Virtue and her conversion to "Christianity" after "seeing a vision of Jesus." No, I shouldn't have put it that way. I don't have an issue with her becoming a Christian. Not at all. If that's what she practices now and it makes her happy and at peace, great. Only I've been reading some of her stuff and she obviously isn't happy. She, like many "Christians" is now living in fear. She has an "A-Z list of everything that's 'evil'" from Harry Potter to unicorns.
How many times do I have to say that I was never truly happy as a "Christian???" I shunned metal music, violent games, and anime-all popular things among my peer group-believing that they were "evil." Was I going to hell because, I couldn't admit it, but I was, indeed, gay? And as timid as I came across, my true desires after school were to go straight into the Army and then the fire service once I was out-but was I doing the right thing being a female and going into "male" roles? (I wanted to help challenge the ban on women in combat!!!) Was I wrong because I was a girl who never wanted to be a wife and mother?
Now I'm free. I know I have nothing to fear. I did the opposite of what Doreen Virtue did-and I am free. The chains of organized, patriarchal religion are gone. I read a beautiful prayer to Morrigan-who I am so honored to be a child of-this morning, and almost cried.
And BTW Christians...I have a closer relationship now with not only Jesus, but Mary his mother, and Mary Magdalene his consort as well, then I ever did when I thought I was a practicing "Christian." I almost want to say that it was Jesus that brought me to the Goddess. Love my fellow female soldier and virgin, Joan of Arc, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...