Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Recruiting Message

As most of my followers probably know, I serve in the Ohio Military Reserve, an emergency response unit and Ohio's State Defense Force. They are looking for more qualified individuals to serve! There are several openings; medical staff, food service, disaster response, engineers, Information Techs, Computer programmers/web design, admin duties, trainers, planners and more. As many know, I joined because I wanted to be a trailblazer for autistic people (at least openly autistic ;). I personally think that this is a terrific opportunity for those that would like to serve in the federal military, but cannot for whatever disqualifying reason...and hopefully it could get the federal service to begin to see who they're missing out on, and consider administering waivers to those previously disqualified. If you have a desire to serve or simply would like more information, please visit the website www.ohio.gov/ohmr and click on the "Contact Recruiter" button.

Shh...George Washington, Stonewall Jackson, and Joan of Arc, among several others were almost certainly autistic...:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...