Monday, March 26, 2018

My practices

What religion am I? What do I practice?
My dog tags say "pagan" but it's a complicated answer. I have a mixture of Irish/English pagan, New Age, and Irish Catholic beliefs. My actual background is Irish Catholic and New England Puritan (don't laugh) but I never saw either of those as the answer for me. That being said, I do enjoy working with some of the saints. Saint Joan of Arc no question of course, being a female warrior and a virgin as well (and I wish to die that way, as she did) and the Blessed Virgin Mary as well. I even have a pocket rosary devoted to Joan of Arc. I don't trust Saint Patrick or Saint George as I see them as not true saints, but more or less villains who forced Christianity onto my ancestors (and killed those who refused to convert.) Few people know that Saint Patrick "driving the snakes out of Ireland" and Saint George "slaying the dragon" are truly metaphors for killing the druids and pagans of Ireland and England who refused to give up the old ways. 
I see Michael as an archangel, not a saint, and being a Criminal Justice major I'm naturally very close with him. I am also very close with many other Archangels, in particular Gabriel, Raphael, and Metatron. I also see Jesus as an Ascended Master, who was actually trying to teach the masses how they could be like him.
As far as paganism, I am close with Brigid, Morrigan, Danu, Dagda, Lugh, Sive, Macha, Banba (all Ireland) and Andraste and Elan (both England.) Brigid, Danu, and Morrigan most of all. Morrigan was my very first ancestral deity to appear to me, and she has been with me since my birth. I do observe the pagan/Wiccan greater sabbats-Imbolc, Beltane, Lughnasa, Samhain-and sometimes the lesser ones as well. I also observe the cycles of the moon, and I believe in the Fae and the Elementals. This is the path that I now realize works for me, and is starting to get me to move so far ahead in life. Blessed Be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...