I know this picture is dark, but here it is the middle of the night and I was sitting in the dark ruminating on Anubis. So I was "prompted" to take out my gold statue of him (for some reason, the gold just felt right as opposed to the usual black that I carry...) and take this picture with a battery powered candle. For some reason, the Egyptian deities were putting me in mind of the term "holy"-particularly Anubis. So anyway. Here's the picture that I took amidst my ruminations! (Again, sorry that it's dark, but I think that it has good vibes.)
Here are some ruminations I've had lately, that are somewhat tying in with this picture and experience:
We're in the midst of a hectic, uncertain time. Let's face it: We may get out of this alive...we may not. But me? As of the immediate present, I know for a *fact* that right now is NOT my time to go. I am not going to go anywhere beyond this earthly plane until I've actually done...something. Whether it's doing whatever the OHMR wants me to do, using my skills with tomahawks in the case that this ends up mutating into the zombie virus (hey, things are so insane right now you never know...)
I feel for a fact that if I do become ill with the virus and I haven't done my part yet...I will indeed fight it and pull through. If I do end up getting sick and I have indeed served my deployment (or a couple) done what I could...then we'll talk, Anubis, Manannan Mac Lir, and of course Morrigan. :D
Again, this is an uncertain time for us all, and as I said, who knows how it will end up. But I'm not going depart the realm of the living anywhere in the very immediate future. I feel that I still have a couple more things to do!
Pertaining to another post...the very dark times that I have gone through...when I nearly did give up...now all I think is this. What if the state of Ohio had needed me...and I was irreversibly gone forever???
P.S. Here is something cool to go along with this picture:
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Nighttime Picture and ramblings
I know this picture is dark, but here it is the middle of the night and I was sitting in the dark ruminating on Anubis. So I was "prompted" to take out my gold statue of him (for some reason, the gold just felt right as opposed to the usual black that I carry...) and take this picture with a battery powered candle. For some reason, the Egyptian deities were putting me in mind of the term "holy"-particularly Anubis. So anyway. Here's the picture that I took amidst my ruminations! (Again, sorry that it's dark, but I think that it has good vibes.)
Here are some ruminations I've had lately, that are somewhat tying in with this picture and experience:
We're in the midst of a hectic, uncertain time. Let's face it: We may get out of this alive...we may not. But me? As of the immediate present, I know for a *fact* that right now is NOT my time to go. I am not going to go anywhere beyond this earthly plane until I've actually done...something. Whether it's doing whatever the OHMR wants me to do, using my skills with tomahawks in the case that this ends up mutating into the zombie virus (hey, things are so insane right now you never know...)
I feel for a fact that if I do become ill with the virus and I haven't done my part yet...I will indeed fight it and pull through. If I do end up getting sick and I have indeed served my deployment (or a couple) done what I could...then we'll talk, Anubis, Manannan Mac Lir, and of course Morrigan. :D
Again, this is an uncertain time for us all, and as I said, who knows how it will end up. But I'm not going depart the realm of the living anywhere in the very immediate future. I feel that I still have a couple more things to do!
Pertaining to another post...the very dark times that I have gone through...when I nearly did give up...now all I think is this. What if the state of Ohio had needed me...and I was irreversibly gone forever???
P.S. Here is something cool to go along with this picture:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Six Triple Eight
Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...
-
Yule gift Zoey, adopted from the Ohio Craft Museum. She and I have planned many adventures for 2025! Made by Olivia's Kloset. Hope that...
-
I recently returned from a five day "silent retreat" to Gethsemani Abbey in the gorgeous foothills of Kentucky. Home of some dev...
No comments:
Post a Comment