So! As I'm sure that we are all aware by now, the COVID-19 pandemic is in full swing. Everything is shut down and under quarantine. Universities, including OSU, have suspended face to face classes for the rest of the semester. I'm sorry to not be meeting up again with my "Writing Against Convention" course (and also that my favorite sandwich and hot chocolate shop on campus is closed!!!) but we all understand the precautions-better safe than sorry!
In a way it's surreal. Nothing like this has ever happened in the lifetimes of a lot of us-including myself. Am I scared, nervous, or frightened? Not really. Am I...excited? In a way!
The National Guard has been called up in a number of states to assist with food distribution, as has the Ohio Military Reserve. Many of my "battle buddies" are currently out on the field, and I myself and a couple of others may be sent on a top-secret mission soon enough. Shhh...
How can we do our part? By following the implemented health guidelines-let's not become victims! That way, if and when we ARE needed for something, we're healthy to answer the call!
Another way? Let's keep active-even just walking every day would be helpful. Myself, I'm still keeping up with endurance running and lifting. I know that might not be *everyone's* cup of tea-but let's give a tiny bit more than what we *think* we're capable of. If all it is is walking or jogging an extra half mile, or one more push-up-DO IT. You'll be surprised at what you can accomplish.
On March 17th, after certain green "pets", namely Cartman the Pygmy Puff (rare green type), Murray the Shelby, H.P. the Slytherin frog, and Wirt the frog pillow pet staged an impromptu parade, we enjoyed the Dropkick Murphys streaming live from Boston (necessary given my background!) and a couple of days later, after being made aware of it by one of my old camp directors, we enjoyed a live stream by the Indigo Girls. I'm not *too* familiar with their music (surprising given my orientation, huh?) but it was enjoyable to watch something new-and speaking of my old camp, that "acoustic folk" sound sort of brought me back to the mountains of North Carolina!
What else...I've been keeping up with "wood carving." On Ostara, although it was somewhat cold and rainy, I went out to take some pictures-I found a small, smooth stone that "called" for me to pick it up. Taking it back to my apartment, after mulling it over for a while, I decided to do a bit of black humor with it-pictures to follow! And, speaking of wood carvings, I also found a stick that spoke to me-I cut most of the bark off and turned it into "the Ostara Plague Monster." Again, pictures to follow!
I also want to say, that I am ALWAYS on call to give advice and encouragement. I'm always happy to give physical fitness advice. Also, as a comrade of the Tuatha De Danann and a priestess of Odin, I am also always on hand to give spiritual advice and encouragement as well. I'm also Reiki 1 certified-I don't know how well that is in sending "vibes" but I'm always willing to try if anyone wants. Just mind you, my energy is more "get battle ready" than "love and light"-but I believe that that would work perfectly for many of us. And, if anyone wants a more Judeo-Christian approach, I can do that as well! I am a follower of Joan of Arc and Mary Magdalene, and big on Jesus and Mary as well. If anyone wants physical fitness OR spiritual advice, please don't hesitate to comment!
Overall, I'm keeping busy enough. Hope all of my followers are too! DON'T DESPAIR!!! Everyone, stay safe, healthy, and active!
No comments:
Post a Comment