Thursday, March 12, 2020

A great business to support

I strongly urge all of my followers, particularly military and mental health, to check out this business on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TorsTales
After a tragic and irreversible loss that the owners suffered, this shop was opened to spread the word about suicide awareness and prevention. I stumbled upon them while doing searches for suicide prevention items myself. Their products are adorable and incredibly well made, but even more important is the concept behind this shop.
In the picture above, you can see my Military Donut Keychain from them, which I just opened about an hour ago and instantly put it on my altar to have it blessed by Morrigan, Odin, and Cernunnos. Proceeds from this keychain go to #22KILL, an organization that fights veteran suicide.
 Here you can see more examples of their products. I returned home from my last drill weekend to find these waiting for me! Here we have their generic Suicide Prevention Donut in purple (so sorry it being on the blue chair makes it hard to see.) They also have them available in teal, and I'm hoping to eventually acquire the teal one as well. Proceeds from these donuts go to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Also shown is a "Stress Buddy." I picked the "Rainbow" option, but they're available in solid colors as well. Proceeds from these Buddies also go to the AFSP. My Stress Buddy is named PJ and he already gets along with my three Pygmy Puffs, Trixie, Lilo, and Cartman! (Just wanted to throw it out there for Harry Potter fans that these Stress Buddies could easily be Puffskeins!) 
Please refer back to a post I wrote back in November: https://indigogael.blogspot.com/2019/11/suicidal-tendencies.html All this rings true. There are times that I still struggle-as do so, so many. Not long ago I was on the verge of it myself. Suicide is the leading cause of death for the two demographics that are nearest and dearest to me: servicemembers/first responders, and autistics. But I know that there is still hope. Please, seek help if you must: but again, please check out Tor's Tales! https://www.etsy.com/shop/TorsTales?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=775761641    

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...