So, as many have probably have heard on the news by now, the Ohio State University has decided to move all classes online for the rest of the semester. That means no going back to campus for the entire rest of the semester...and Oxley's, my favorite hot chocolate and sandwich joint is also closed...which makes me very sad...
But seriously, everyone seems to be hanging in there okay. Keep up with the precautions-hand washing (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Let's hear it!!!), keeping distances, and isolating should you feel it's necessary.
Along with Oxley's I'm somewhat bummed about no more face to face meetings in my "Writing Against Convention" course, but we have the battle plan for the rest of the semester. Contact will still be kept, and writing assignments are still on. I've started on my story, have been having fun with it, and can't wait to share it! (Here's a hint...STEAMPUNK!!!)
My other professor (for my remote class "Intro the Disability Studies") sent a great message to the class. Although she is based in NYC, she has been keeping up with the OSU news and has been great in being encouraging and making the necessary arrangements.
I understand that this can really be a hectic and frightening time for many...and for a few of us...exciting.
I am an asshole Indigo Child, which means that it's pretty easy for me to downplay stuff like this, due to my wanting to serve, help, protect, nature. For me, this is somewhat exciting. Okay...maybe honestly more than somewhat.
However, I know that for many others, this isn't the case. Many are right now, feeling very fearful, maybe even hopeless. My professor for my Disability Studies class addresses this well in her message to the class. I understand that there are many who are disabled and immunocompromised who are likely not having a good time of this.
What can I say to this? First of all, please try not to panic. It's only going to make things worse. Take notes of sources of assistance around you. Work with your healthcare, providers, etc. for a plan of action. Again, keep washing hands, keep a safe distance, isolate if necessary. For those who can do it, meditation and mindfulness works wonders in reducing stress. I'd like to recommend the "Jedi Living" channel on YouTube. An app for Android that I recommend is #SelfCare by TruLuv. This app works wonders for stress relief. I will say that it does cater to the Wiccan/New Age community, but I believe that anyone could benefit from it.
But again, keep up with the news, follow instructions...and please try not to panic! WE'LL GET THROUGH THIS.
No comments:
Post a Comment