Friday, April 19, 2019

Lost Souls Cafe

Lost Souls Cafe

Jenna's Book Club

Susie Newman delivers with her eclectic novel "Lost Souls Cafe," the heartwarming and funny tale of an odd cast of characters coming together.
Sissy is a young mother of three abandoned by her husband in a KOA campground. Wondering where to go next, she packs up and heads home to West Virginia with her friend Hazel, a sweet, sassy elderly woman.They've got little more but the clothes on their backs and have no idea how they're going to make ends meet.
With a little help from Sissy's father and brother, they're able to purchase a rundown dwelling "haunted" by the ghosts of several "friendly" spirits-and turn it into a coffee shop! As more support and allies-both alive and not so alive-trickle in, Sissy and Hazel settle more and more comfortably into their successful new business-and life.
I'm honored to tell you that Susie, a native of Westerville, Ohio, is a long time family friend of ours-as a matter of fact, she's one of the first that said that I was an "Indigo Child!" She is also the author of "Diaries" a collection of short stories featuring different women. "Sissy" was first featured here, and now has her own book. Susie has been heard as saying that Sissy "is based on her." We highly recommend that you check out her writing and support her! Her descriptions of the coffee offerings, by the way, will make you want to try them! I am seriously considering making a "Casper" here at home for myself-"Nutella with marshmallow fluff."
And yes-I did try "Hazel's House Blend"-and it is indeed delicious! Put a bit of vanilla extract in the coffee pot and add a dash of cinnamon in the filter! I recommend that EVERYONE try it! As a matter of fact, I get grumpy (as my Criminal Justice professor/Academic advisor would say) if we run out of vanilla and I can't have it! But "Casper" is definitely next on my list to try...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...