I don't know who all's read Hesiod, but here's a quote of his: "The
first divine agent that caused creation was Eros — the spirit of erotic
drive or the impulse to create anything."
What he’s trying to get
across (was he asexual?) is that one does not have be physically
sexually active or physically reproduce to “create.” As most know, I am
asexual-I WANT to die a "virgin." And I have NO, I mean NO desire for
children EVER. (Let's just say, without getting graphic, there are times that I would like to rip out my uterus.)
But does that mean I still can't "create?" Of course not. We observe Beltane in the upcoming week, and Beltane is all about creation.
For others who observe Beltane-I have a challenge for you-every year,
starting this year, think of a Beltane "project" to start creating
around the Sabbat. This can be as large or as small as you want. Don't
let it stress you out, and certainly don't let it get in the way of
priorities you already have-such as work, school, or military service! I myself have finals and military service, so take it from me!
A piece of writing is a good idea. Or a piece of artwork, or even
starting a small garden. Make a piece of jewelry. Or build or sculpt
something with your hands.
What I have planned? I'm going to start
on a zine issue about fighting the death penalty. It may not be anything
glamorous, but it's something that I have become passionate about-and I believe that my new Criminal Justice AAS will be a great asset in helping. My
original plan was to build/design a target for a tomahawk range in my
yard, but I decided now might not be the best time. When I move out and
have my own place and hopefully more space, that'll be the time. (Maybe
next year.)
(Smaller "projects" that I've already done are a Horned
God "statement" necklace, and planting a yellow flower that I recieved
as a congratulatory gift for getting into OSU. See my earlier pictures
on both-I'm happy with both of them!)
No comments:
Post a Comment