Jenna's Product Recommendations
They arrived today, and they're ADORABLE. They have a huge collection of saints, angels, and various apparitions of Mary.
-Of course I got Joan of Arc! My patron. Patron of female soldiers (I serve in my state defense force), virgins (I want to die that way!), France.
-Our Lady of Knock. In 1879, in the small village of Knock, Ireland, still reeling from the Famine, the apparition of Mary, as well as Saint Joseph and Saint John, appeared to a small group of witnesses. Within weeks, the reports were deemed truthful. Patron of: the suffering (I know so many people who are, and I've suffered so much myself), Ireland (my grandmother's country!)
Joan of Arc and Our Lady of Knock were going to be the only two that I took home. However, anyone who is the slightest bit "spiritual" know how things like that just intuitively "call out" to you. Here are the three that "jumped into my cart," and looking at it now, they also make tons of sense for me!
-Saint Brendan. He was a courageous sailor and adventurer born in 484 in Ireland. Patron of: Travelers, adventurers, courage, seafarers, fishermen, Coast Guard, Navy. He makes TOTAL sense for me. Not only am I VERY Irish, I also love road trips, hiking and backpacking, AND I've gotten in touch with someone about joining the Coast Guard Auxiliary! (I prefer hunting to fishing, though.)
-Our Lady, Star of the Sea. This name has been used for Mary for centuries. She, like Saint Brendan, also watches over seafarers! Also the Coast Guard and the Navy, lighthouse keepers, and all who seek guidance. I certainly seek guidance...and I wonder if she and Saint Brendan are a sign that I should indeed go into the Coast Guard Auxiliary???
Last, but certainly not least...Saint Kateri Tekakwitha. I had never heard of her until recently-but now I want to know everything about her. She was severely scarred by small pox as a child-but she never lost courage and hope! Known as The Lily of the Mohawks, she is the first Native American saint. Joan of Arc will indeed always be my first and foremost, but I'm seriously close to asking Saint Kateri to be my next patron saint! (Yes, I've decided that you can have more than one, tough.) She is the patron of: outdoor enthusiasts (I am one indeed!), the environment, Native Americans, outcasts (I know what it's like to be shunned...), converts. A wonderful symbol of my beautiful birth country!
Christopagans and Catholics, please look up Tiny Saints! I'm not sure how I'm going to display mine yet...I don't want to put them on my car keys or on my bag, so I might just make a little paracord hanging for them. I can see myself getting a second batch soon!
I just have to warn all Army personnel. If you DO become involved with Tiny Saints, you WILL have the "Tiny Bubbles" cadence start playing in your head every time you look at them...I warned you.

No comments:
Post a Comment