With all the tragic tales in the recent past, of autistic and "disabled" individuals killed by their caregivers...and even those who are unfairly incarcerated...there are so many individuals extremely distraught over this who wish to do something to help and spread awareness.
For anyone who is autistic and/or disabled-or simply wants to make a difference and be heard-and is heading off to college for the first time but doesn't know what to major in...I'd highly recommend considering a Criminal Justice degree.
There is an extremely wide variety of careers that one can pursue with a Criminal Justice degree-not just a cop! There's something for everyone, and one of the reasons why I would like to see more individuals with autism majoring in the Criminal Justice field is the fact that they can help spread awareness to much of the ignorance in the world. Many individuals with disabilities are abused, even killed, as well as unfairly incarcerated, and to have a large number of these individuals pursuing a Criminal Justice degree, which would allow them to assist public safety officers (or become one themselves!), raise awareness, and hopefully prevent more tragedies! I must say-I am very happy with the major that I have chosen. This could be the first step in getting "disabled" voices heard!
Only drawback to being a Criminal Justice major: You *will* start wanting donuts...
No comments:
Post a Comment