Of course there's EMDR, which I've often posted about. I had my weekly session today-and did a lot get done! During much of the session, I felt physically tense, and there were feelings of agitation and melancholy. This however did start to level out toward the end. By the end, I felt very relaxed and kept repeating to myself "you're safe, you're safe. Nothing can hurt you anymore." These were thoughts from my subconscious mind rising up. Earlier there had been some more negative thoughts and feelings-not on the level that they were however!-but those gradually moved into more positive thoughts. There was also the sense of Morrigan as well. Today's session actually left me feeling very empowered-and that's the feeling that I've also been getting from some other practices I've been using to supplement EMDR...
1.) Dark Yoga. I love it!!! I've been doing this nightly (well just about nightly.) Dark Yoga is basically what it sounds like-yoga done in the dark. It is SO enlightening and empowering! Much more so than "regular" yoga! With light incense and dark new age or trance music added in (FYI: I recommend either "Beneath A Darkening Sky" by David Arkenstone or anything by Dagda, particularly if your beliefs/heritage leans towards Irish Celtic) believe me this is an otherwordly experience. There are a few studios that offer classes, however if you simply know a few basic yoga poses I suggest trying it out in your own home.
This is another time that I always feel the presence of Morrigan-who has always been with me-and of my true power. As a matter of fact, I got an amazing "download" from Morrigan while in Child's Pose the other night. Maybe it's just me, since I do have a naturally "dark" soul (not evil)-but I've done "mainstream" yoga before and while it is a terrific stress reliever, dark yoga has something that "regular" yoga doesn't. It's probably not for everyone-but if you have the slightest interest I suggest trying it anyway!
2.) Martial arts. Again, this is a GREAT stress reliever and source of empowerment. I took kickboxing and Tae Kwon Do through Columbus State a few years ago and really enjoyed them both-boxing and martial arts could really be my sports, honestly! Believe me, when you get involved in martial arts you'll learn that you can do things that you've never dreamed of-AND get a wicked workout in as well. And believe me-in the end it isn't as hard as it looks either. I highly recommend everyone at least try martial arts. There are so many different types that there is certainly something for everything.
3.) Coming across, out of the blue, the Sri Yantra. What is the Sri Yantra?
Well it's hard to explain, so here is a picture:
The Sri Yantra has existed for about 12,000 years and is said to be the source of all creation. There is actually scientific evidence that meditating on the Sri Yantra can and will cause profound changes in your brain. Do some research and I think you'll be shocked-in a good way-at what you find.
During your first few times meditating on the Sri Yantra, your eyes will likely sting and start watering...and you'll have one hell of a headache for a couple of days! But if you can keep up with it, there is evidence that the Sri Yantra can create lasting changes for the better-even supposedly helping "manifest" what you want into you life!
Before I forget! I had a GREAT Samhain the other night. I carved a face into a turnip and tried some divination with fire and tea leaves-and in the tea I saw the shape of a dinosaur. When I looked up what a dinosaur meant here's what I got-that you need to release old habits, thoughts and patterns. Hmm...
I then did a ritual "tweaked" from one I got from Brigid's Grove Creative Spirit Circle (I highly recommend looking them up and joining them...it's free and their rituals are SO fun!) complete with a "calling yourself in" exercise, a prayer to the Harvest Queen or whatever else you like (I held my Morrigan goddess and recited "Cruachan" in honor of my beautiful ancestor-live Maeve, we command you! and sang "Chester"-New England's GODS forever reign!), did some journaling on "where I want to flow," mandala coloring (Hecate's Wheel) and then a herbal offering to my chosen element, which ended up being Fire. The ritual made me feel SO GOOD and I so highly recommend checking them out!
So that, in a nutshell, has been my last couple of weeks. What is making me feeling calmer and more empowered? Is it a combination of all these things? That's what I'd like to think. Try some of these yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment