Ingredients:
2-3 Cups Almond milk
1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
1 Tablespoon honey (you could easily
sub stevia or some other sweetener here-I prefer honey for it’s incredible
healing and antibacterial effects)
10 Butterfly Pea Flowers, dried
(this is what makes the drink blue-I know there are other blue options out
there like Blue Spirulina, but I love this plant very much and the color is so
beautiful!)
Pinch of pink salt (any salt will
do..)
1/8 Teaspoon cardamom
2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
Sprinkling of pink or red rose
petals
Directions:
Warm a small saucepan of almond mylk
on the stove on low, and add the Butterfly Pea flowers. They will keep
releasing color for a long time, so you could even bring it to an almost boil
and then cover and turn it off, adding the honey or sweetener of choice, the
cardamom, salt and vanilla. Add the coconut oil too, and if you have collagen,
I would add 2 Tablespoons (there are also vegan, marine collagens available
now).
Once it is done to your desired
color, warm it back up and strain it into mugs! Sprinkle rose petals on top and
enjoy!
Note: Credit goes to Tara Lanich-LaBrie https://themedicinecircle.com/. I couldn't find edible rose petals so I had to leave them out...and ended up calling it blue alien mylk instead of faerie mylk! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment