First one I would like to feature is Elen of the Ways.
(Copyright Judith Shaw)
Elen of the Ways
Pantheon: English
Patroness of: Deer, shamanism, dreamtime
It's likely that Elen has been acknowledged in England, by shamans and druids alike for thousands of years-long before the Romans came. Elen is the sole goddess with antlers-why, the question is, does a female goddess have antlers when only male deer have antlers?
She has been calling to me for a while now, and I am eager to work with her. Elen follows the deer across the wild, dark land of my mother's mother's mother and father's father-into the dreamtime.
Elen is also said to guard the "ley lines" that run across the British Isles (a possible explanation of all the supernatural events that are said to occur there, not to mention the "not all there" vibes that many individuals, myself included, with a strong heritage from those countries give off.)
Not too much is known about Elen of the Ways, which is one of the reasons that I find her so fascinating. Slowly but surely, however, she is beginning to once again become a part of English heritage and shaman culture.
It has been said that, even below the concrete and pavement of London, if you close your eyes and tune in, you can feel the power of the ley lines...and Elen herself, protector, guardian, and shaman.
I turn to you, Elen of the Ways
I turn to you, horned Goddess
Help me walk the world between dreams
So mote it be

No comments:
Post a Comment