A productive day! My new handmade wand and athame along with my new handmade mini bow, being watched over by Harvest Magic Goddess and garnished with a string of shamrocks!
Yesterday I commenced stripping the bark off a fallen stick with my pocketknife-and watching it transform into my own wand. Today I had my weekly EMDR session-which went very well as always-(we may almost have the next "target" cleared!) and I thought afterwards, to process all that went on in there, I would continue some more "crafting.
Now that I had a wand, I wanted an athame. I wanted to make my own, but we don't have a forge...so let's improvise. I found an old kitchen knife...and transformed it into a tactical athame by wrapping paracord around both the hilt and blade! (Note: Athames are for ceremonial use ONLY! Please don't use them for actual cutting, outdoor, or tactical use!)
While doing that...why not make a paracord handle for my wand? Green and purple "zombie" paracord, none the less.
We also have some slightly bent branches lying around the yard. Still got paracord...hmm...why not make a mini primitive bow?
It's simple-find a slightly curved branch, and string it with paracord. Note that it won't shoot well-at least mine doesn't currently, but maybe I'll tweak it later or make better arrows-but I'm still happy with it!
It's been said that you can always purchase your own altar tools-but making your own causes a greater sense of satisfaction. I can certainly agree. Even though my stuff isn't first-class the way that of experienced crafters is, it's still a cause for satisfaction. It's been said that crafting and art is perfect for people with stress and PTSD. As a matter of fact, "art therapy" is a very real thing now for PTSD victims. I have never been too interested in art and crafting up until very recently, but I recently started out with abstract artwork and want to delve more into it, possibly digital art. Maybe woodworking? Maybe metalworking? (Calling Goddess Brigid!) And I agree-seeing something beautiful that YOU made and feeling satisfaction in it is a perfect self esteem booster.
And I also urge you to try out your own mini primitive bow!

No comments:
Post a Comment