Sunday, September 9, 2018

Some of you may have seen my post on the Pagan penal rosary I made (see a few posts down if you haven't.) I'm still loving it, but I had an even better idea. Enter the tactical paracord pagan rosary!

 Made entirely from paracord, I also designed this from the same design as the Irish Catholic penal rosary ("An Paidrin Beag") as a shout out to my heritage. The history of that is on my previous post. As you can see, it has a paracord star knot on one end, representing the pentacle, and a loop on the other end for the ring on the penal rosaries, and it's tied in the traditional nine knots. I made this with pagans and Wiccans who are into the outdoor lifestyle in mind, as well as those who are in the military, fire service, search and rescue, etc. It's easier to carry while backpacking, hunting, climbing, etc. not to mention on fire and search and rescue assignments. I believe that pagans and Wiccans are still for the most part sadly underrepresented in the military and emergency services, although that is starting to change! I've got AT with the Ohio Military Reserve coming up and am planning on carrying it with me! It should also hold up on my long distance runs, backpacking trips and SAR calls. The paracord colors are "Search and Rescue" and the star/pentacle is "Shamrock Frost." 
The star/pentacle comes from Pacific Knots on Etsy, and the Goddess sculptures (left: Macha of the Fleet Foot; right: custom woodland BDU camo goddess) are from Brigid's Grove, but most of my readers know that :).
I also thought that these would work for pagans/Wiccans with autism/sensory issues-I actually find it a great stim toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...