Saturday, September 8, 2018

EMDR: New target (and theta meditation too!)

So yesterday my EMDR practitioner and I decided that my "old" target-my first grade trauma-was cleared, so we decided to work on another target-this one being my trauma from a school attended a few years after the initial trauma. 
I've explained it in a recent post, but just to rehash: I was also abused at this school and blamed one "teacher" (not an actual licensed teacher) in particular, due to the fact that he saw and heard everything with his own eyes and ears and did absolutely nothing to stop it. However, something extremely traumatic had obviously happened to this teacher. I am not going to go into any details, nor am I to make any assumptions set in stone-just know that we have a *faint* idea of what could have happened in his life. 
At the beginning of the session, I had violent thoughts such as "he deserves to be hit," and then feelings of sadistic amusement because "he was so pathetic and spineless it really is funny." (And it truly is!) However, then there were the mixed feelings that, of course, he didn't really deserve such harsh treatment-he had obviously, as said, experienced some extremely unpleasant events in his life.
Then the feeling changed to amusement again. There were some feelings of tension and anger, even some sadness, but then as the session went on, as usually happens, the feeling of calmness and grounding set in. Getting spiritual as I ofttimes do, I felt the presence of the Goddess (Danu) and heard her saying "Let everything go, a stor," which gave me a deep feeling of peace. I also heard a raven cawing outside and took it as a sign from Morrigan. 
I still had some tense, excitable feelings after the session (which would be expected since we started on a new target) so we ended with a grounding meditation. Visualize some sort of container in front of you-take in its sight, its feel, etc. Now see yourself pulling or twisting the lid off that container, and filling it up with all your worries from the day. Then see yourself replacing the lid, and storing the container somewhere safe. Now how do you feel now that all your worries are gone?
Overall I'm starting to notice some positive changes in my life since I've begun EMDR. Yesterday wasn't as peaceful and euphoric as the past few sessions have been, since we started on a new "target." I had been under quite a bit of stress due to the math class I'm currently taking (when I get through this, I'll be graduated!) And of course then, last night Columbus State goes under a phishing attack...and Blackboard and email are shut down, so I can't get in to do my assignments! That didn't help. However today I'm feeling quite a bit more uplifted and thoughtful. EMDR, however, isn't the only reason; here is something else that I would like to recommend, that I found on my own and I have been utilizing for quite some time now: Theta Brainwave Meditation. Theta brainwaves are the "mystical" brainwaves that allow for inspiration and manifesting. In the past, it really required an experienced meditator to be able to tap into that state. However, nowadays one can "hack" their brainwaves through the use of brainwave entrainment and binaural beats. Don't spend a large sum of money on services and recordings-you can easily find theta binaural beats on Youtube-and they work perfectly! Theta binaural beats have been working wonders for me, and I've been getting many bursts of inspiration while doing a theta meditation. I highly recommend that everyone try it, and also do some reading up on theta waves-it's fascinating!
 Look at my post on The Law of Attraction Centre Meditation 101-that's one I highly recommend! As a matter of fact, here are some brainstorms I've gotten as I sat through that exercise: either a outdoors, running, or longboarding club for teens and young adults on the autism spectrum, getting my SAR Tech and Wilderness First Responder certificates renewed this winter, still looking at places in Montana to move...but I hear that my family's own homeland of New England is a hotspot of activity for cyber defense careers, which is going to be where it's at! (Can use a lot of that right now, what with the incident at Columbus State!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...