Friday, April 6, 2018

Lokai and Autism Speaks

As a fan of Lokai bracelets, I was disappointed to see that they have designed an "Autism" bracelet and are giving the proceeds to Autism Speaks. As many probably know now, Autism Speaks does NOT have a good reputation in the autism community; as a matter of fact many insist that it is a "hate group." Here is a message that I submitted to the company on behalf of their charity of choice:


Hi-I am asking that you please reconsider donating proceeds to Autism Speaks, which the vast majority of the autism community does not support. Many autistics now believe in wearing red instead of blue for autism, and would encourage donating to the Autism Self Advocacy Network, which I myself was briefly a member of until our local chapter disbanded. If your company would consider designing a red bracelet and giving the proceeds to the Autism Self Advocacy Network, I believe that I speak for many when I say that I would gladly purchase one. Please do research on Autism Speaks and see why most in the autism community do not support this organization.

Support the Autism Self Advocacy Network! http://autisticadvocacy.org/
And SUPPORT AUTISTIC RUN BUSINESSES, such as Stimtastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...