As of Saturday, March 4th, I am officially a member of the Ohio Military Reserve! I was sworn in on Saturday and am looking forward to start training.
They are going to probably start me off working in security for now, and then possibly explore some more options. I hear they really want to expand on cyber security and search and rescue...hmmm. Like the regular National Guard, we'll serve one weekend a month only, and then enjoy an annual five day stay at Camp Perry up on beautiful Lake Erie.
This is what I'll be doing while I finish getting my degree in Criminal Justice, then I have decided that it's onto either (1. Massachusetts where I'll work in cyber defense or (2. either Oregon or North Carolina where I'll work as a wildland firefighter. Right now it's looking like Oregon! (Oregon Fever...I feel like it's the 1840s!)
Wherever it is, and whether it's cyber defense or wildland firefighting, it will definitely be autism advocacy on the side as well! I will hopefully also be joining a chapter of ASAN, or even starting up another one!
I hope so much to be an inspiration, and start to show what people can do!
No comments:
Post a Comment