Whew! So much has happened between now and my last post...but I'm back and have not fallen off the face of the earth, I promise you!
Moving into a new apartment...participating in Vigilant Guard with the Ohio Military Reserve in August...taking classes at OSU...tons have happened! Overall I'm feeling great about everything.
My major isn't set in stone yet, but it looks as if I may want to major in English. This semester I am taking a course on Religious Diversity in America, which has been intriguing, and has taught me a LOT.
When time permits, I'm working on a fiction story entitled "Don't Stop Believing," as well as exploring the campus and playing basketball. I'm looking for jobs working from home, although I have applied to wildland firefighting positions for next summer in both Massachusetts and Pennsylvania!
Overall, things have been great. I'm starting to really like this campus-gorgeous old buildings!-and am really happy to be here!
Now, about Vigilant Guard with the OHMR-a total blast! Our theme was a simulated cyber attack, which is sadly becoming a very real threat. I was in the Tactical Operations Center, which is the "nerve center" the whole time-while I'm the type that would rather be in the field of course, I understand that the job I was assigned was important indeed-after all, my section is, as I said, the "nerve center" of the entire organization! And at the end, I'm honored to say that I am now a Specialist!
So! In a nutshell...I'm back! I'll update when I can...good things are coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment