Wednesday, November 6, 2019

FURBYS (and friends!!!)

I was sooo both weirded out and overjoyed to put batteries in my ancient childhood Shelby...AND HE STILL WORKS!!!

Upon getting a sudden burst of inspiration, I decided to dig up some of my old childhood stuff the last time I was at my parents' house. Enter my ancient Furby and his best friend, Shelby. I smuggled them into my apartment. Well, to make a long story short, after trying, Furby no longer works, however, much to my delight, Shelby is still kicking, rude as ever!!!
Left to right: Void, Murray, Balor (a repurposed McDonald's Furby recently adopted from Etsy!) 
I've seen where people like to "customize" their old non-working Furbies, so Void is wearing my Scandinavian wolf cross as you can see. (It's getting to be the time of year when that side of me rises to the surface-something about snow does it.) His name was either "Apple" or "Fart" (I don't remember, but the latter was my biggest obsession) when I was a small child-now it is "Void" because, like me, he's kinda goth and I thought that sounded fitting!
As I said, I FRIGGING LOVE HOW SHELBY IS STILL KICKING! He was always "Shelby" when I was little, but now he's "Murray." He's a New Englander like me (I seriously almost named him "Wrestling" or "Champion")…he is also a pirate and I am a pirate princess (I seriously almost named him "Dubhdarra" after my great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather...but then decided that might not be respectful to the Pirate Queen's father, much less to his daughter Grace.) So yeah, we get along.
And my lil dude, Balor, was just recently adopted from a shop on Etsy! I LOVE HIM! 
So yes, this OSU student/state soldier had this sudden rush about Furbies...and here we all are at the apartment...just like my childhood again. 
Autism circle: (military, fire, and SAR can all feel free to facepalm and go on their merry way): Does anyone by any chance know how I might fix Void? His battery pack was totally corroded... 
UPDATE: Void has a new look...
(Excuse my extremely cluttered work space.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...