Friday, December 21, 2018

Yule Solstice 2018 at last. Tonight we’ll sit in the comforting dark abyss of the longest night of the year, and it’s the most perfect night for reflection and planning for the year ahead-and I’ll say that 2018 has been real.
2018-how to describe you? Let’s say you were a year of challenges and joys. Of course, the highlight (along with the Red Sox kicking ass at the World Series!) was finally graduating college and getting my Associate’s. I renewed my SAR Tech cert-“so that others may live”-and service in the Ohio Military Reserve continued to go great-I transferred from Security to Planning, which has been giving me tons of opportunities, and we had a “very different this year” and somewhat hectic AT, but still overall very satisfying! I’m not allowed to go into details, but some things will be happening in the upcoming year with OHMR that should be a wicked blast. Cornbread and Jenna kept everything interesting as usual, as did Melon and Patch watching from Tir Nan Og, (they check in with us often.) I’ve made some wicked awesome allies, including, but not limited to, my academic advisor and a wicked awesome lady that I serve with who urged me to get into EMDR for my PTSD and self harm-she herself is a survivor of the Fort Hood Massacre and suffers PTSD as well. I decided to incorporate Dark Yoga into my practices, and decided to try my hand at abstract artwork as well as designing tactical paracord pagan rosaries! I also had a long-distance shamanic soul retrieval done in the beginning of the year that was a WONDERFUL experience-and could be starting to turn my life around. (If anyone wants info on it, please message me!) My recent Reiki 1 attunement is already starting to make a difference-although I’m experiencing some “detox” symptoms. I also decided to, as a homage to my roots, incorporate Catholic and Puritan (stop laughing) elements into my practices (see my posts on my Puritan Sabbath rituals and Death’s-Head meditation.)
Some lower points would be the math classes I had to struggle through in order to graduate-but with hard-ass work I managed to pass! I also sadly wasn’t able to renew my Wilderness First Responder in time due to school and OHMR obligations, so I’ll have to take the class again-but I’m not complaining. Also STILL not having my car-my father is STILL driving it! And sadly I did have some bad setbacks with my PTSD/emotional abuse flashbacks and cutting :(-although as I said, I got into EMDR at the urging of a wicked awesome lady that I serve with. Along with my meditations, dark yoga, and Reiki-I’m hoping that soon enough I’ll be able to get off all my meds FOR GOOD with all my newfound practices-it’s made a big difference-and even amped up my ability to meditate! Overall, the highs outweigh the lows.


So, on this day of the Solstice, what are some plans for 2019?
-Of course, start out at back at Columbus State for Freelance Writing and maybe Rescue Tech (the Ohio Fire Academy may work out better for that though!)-maybe take some classes at OSU as well-but look at both Oregon and Alaska-and see about transferring there! Both states have good enough standards of living, as well as great outdoor sports and good opportunities for volunteer firefighting and search and rescue, so I can keep up with all of my passions-and at least the more metropolitan areas are LGBT and pagan friendly. Oregon almost certainly has more opportunities overall though, however Alaska is still tempting since the state pays you to live there.
-Get my Red Card renewed! I won’t sit helplessly on my ass through another brutal fire season, that’s for sure!
-Take CERT Basic Training.
-Autism advocacy! (Start a zine maybe???)
-Either buy a new car, or convince my father to…(I’ve almost decided that he can have my old one, it’s a 2004 Corolla and I kinda want something more recent!)
-Start up with long distance running again!
-Start making my own bone broth and basically live on it!
-Write a scholarly article on the Irish and gluten sensitivity.
-Sell off a good number of my old model horse collection.
-Last, but definitely not least, memorize the Charge of the Goddess. It’s not the easiest thing in the world to memorize…but I love a challenge!


I’d say that another extremely high point about this year that I must acknowledge is the fact that my faith in the Tuatha De Danann, if it’s possible, grew even stronger-to the point where I am toying with the idea of becoming ordained as a Priestess. Another person who came into my life as well is the High Priestess Mary Magdalene, the consort of Jesus the Christed One. I am in so much ecstasy with the Danann and the Magdalene in my life. They have taught me that any and all is possible-for I am made in the image of the Danann, and do, indeed, have their blood running through me. We were victorious at Mag Tuiread-and we continue to be victorious to this day. I received the blessings of the Great Queen Morrigan at birth, and She has walked with me every step of the way-even in the fearful Giggles days. She’s taught me that I am more than Giggles-I have the right to stand up for myself, I have the right to say no, I have the right to say enough is enough, I am under no obligation to let others throw me around and take advantage of me. I have the right to let out my natural warrior spirit. Brigid teaches me the same, but at the same time, She teaches me that I am more than the angry, self-harming, sitting in my car crying for hours on end mess that I was just a few years ago. Danu is the mother of us all and teaches me to care for and nurture myself-and shows me how truly fierce and powerful I really am. As far as Macha-I am a long-distance runner and a female soldier-of course I see myself as kin to Macha. Mananan mac Lir teaches me the magic and power that’s inside myself-indeed, He has chimed in with The Christed One that “Ye are gods.” And what can I say about all of the rest of them-An Dagda, Lugh, Nuada, Sive, Banba, and the list goes on and on-other than that I am grateful to know Them and grateful to share their blood. They’ve taught me that I, an Indigo who shares their blood, blessed from birth by the Great Queen Herself, do indeed have worth and power in this world-to break down barriers, and to fight injustice.
In conclusion, if you've read this far, and kudos to you if you have, I'd like to share this song by Era:

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...