Sunday, December 16, 2018

Reiki 1


I finally was able to participate in a Reiki 1 Weekend class, complete with four attunements, and I am so glad that I did. Much was revealed and many positive things unfolded-and continued to unfold. Here’s the rundown of what all happened. I won't bore anyone with the details of the classroom work, etc. so instead I want to go straight into the meditation, attunements, and hands-on practices:

-The first meditation on the first day was "To Find Your Gift." We were led into a meditation where we traversed a path, eventually meeting a guide who handed us our "gift." (The instant the meditation started, my power animal jumped straight in!)
During this meditation, I met along the path Mananan mac Lir, the Manx/Irish god of the sea. He gave me his blessing and then sent me on my way. I then got the strong sound of the name "Aoife" (pronounced ee-fa), which is a VERY powerful, strong name. Interestingly, Aoife is also someone connected with Mananan, so I supposed that it had something to do with her. Later, however, I also realized that Aoife was the name of a warrior woman who was the consort of Cuchulain and the mother of his child! Another interesting fact is that, in the last couple of years I have also been calling myself "Skye"...and only recently remembered that "Skye" is the English equivalent of Scathach, the warrior woman who trained Cuchulain!!! (The Isle of Skye is named after her.) Another Aoife (Red Eva) was a medieval queen who led battles alongside her husband, Strongbow (Richard de Clare.)
A few seconds later, I came across Elen of the Ways, the English goddess of shamanism (she appears to me as a hunting goddess as well.) And she was the one that handed me my "gift"...which ended up being one of COURAGE, COMPASSION, and TENACITY! 
I also got a vision of Brigid giving me "the gift of fire." 
I got out of this meditation feeling VERY empowered, and then it was time for our first attunements. We were led into a small room two at a time where we received our attunements. Again, I got the feeling of empowerment and strength, but also a relaxed feeling as well. This was all that I pretty much got the first time. We broke for lunch, went over some more classroom work, then it was time for some hands-on practice and second attunements.
The second attunement was more intense and emotional. After the attunement, the instructor told me that I had massive blocks in my sacral chakra, which is the center that governs your emotions and feelings. I told her that I had been severely traumatized and shamed as a child, and she said that indeed that is probably what it is attributed to-and much of my issues today are likely attributed to my blocked sacral chakra. When she told me what was going on, I actually felt a sense of relief, such as "that makes sense" and even more so later on when I was able to look up "blocked sacral chakra"- a lot of it does sound like me. 
Also during the attunement, a very powerful image of a gorgeous green and gold Celtic dragon came to me.          
Second day I was feeling quite emotional-pretty agitated and depressed. I wasn't surprised or upset about it though-in fact I was expecting it. This was normal and actually a good enough sign-it was the sign of release. One thing that I will bring up-she did mention during our lesson ancestral trauma, and how it can affect future generations. When she said that, suddenly I got a flash of the potato famine in my mind-and had to fight myself not to have a panic attack. It came out of nowhere, I kid you not.
Our meditation during that day was "Finding Yourself"-and I almost started crying during it. I suddenly heard ravens outside-a sign of Morrigan, who has always been with me. I had the sensations of the words BEAUTIFUL and STRONG, and then over and over again GAELIC WARRIOR GAELIC WARRIOR GAELIC WARRIOR. I am not kidding you. These are the words that were flashing in my brain.
We went in for our third attunement then, and I continued to hear the ravens. As I said, I had been feeling very emotional, quite irritated-but this uplifted me quite a bit. I left the room feeling much more uplifted. As the day went on, however, the feeling started to wear off and the feeling of irritation and depression started coming back. I had a LOT of negative feelings like "I'm not good enough," etc.
The fourth and last attunement, however, changed that big-time. it was, hands down, the most empowering and emotional one yet. I knew my sacral chakra really needed working on-and the instant the instructor touched my hands-THE INSTANT-I got the sensation of the color orange-the color associated with the sacral chakra-and there was also the slight feeling of relief. Then the dragon came back-a gorgeous, fierce, and strong Celtic dragon. I also get the sense now that it was female. Looking up the meaning of "dragon" after leaving, it is easily one of THE most powerful guides that you can have-especially to Celtic people, which I am very much. The dragon comes to you when you are ready to step into your full power. I get the sense that my dragon was with me all along, and was delighted to finally be acknowledged by me. An interesting story is that exactly a year ago, I asked for a dragon necklace for Christmas/Yule. And I got TWO as a matter of fact-but as much as I wanted them, I never-I mean NEVER wore either. I set them aside and forgot about them. However, now I feel like I'm going to put them on. I feel like I'm "worthy" enough for my dragon now. I'm so happy and my dragon is so happy too. At the end, the practitioner told me that I was releasing A LOT-and gifted me with an orange carnelian. I will totally always treasure it-and I'll think of my dragon every time I look at it.
We ended with another hands-on practice session, where we used pendulums to look at chakras. Although my sacral chakra was releasing, I was told that my root chakra was completely blocked. I wasn't too surprised-I was told that if the sacral chakra needs work, then the root chakra likely does too. As I was being worked on, I felt both Archangel Michael and the Irish mother goddess Danu. I also felt very warm, and when I came out of it, I was tested again-and my root chakra was opening! Someone also said that they saw a rose quartz at my feet-and a rose quartz means that I am worthy of self-love. Overall, I feel really good as of right now-but am prepared for some possible emotional issues in the upcoming weeks, as I "release" everything. I'm trusting that I will get through it though-this made me realize how truly powerful I am, and what a natural warrior and fighter I really am. 
If anyone is considering getting attuned, I say definitely do it!
BTW, much thanks to Patch the cat and Sere the horse as well for coming and helping me during the practice sessions! And Melon the big white fluffy cat, um...thanks for your help, too!
Sakura Dragon (color of the heart chakra, for the love that I am worthy of giving myself, also Japanese, like the founders of Reiki) with my Carnelian.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...