Jenna's Book Club
While Jenna enjoyed the book, neither she nor Cornbread are sure of what to make of the Goddess Sekhmet herself...(Sekhmet Goddess Sculpture is from Brigid's Grove on Etsy.)
While I wasn't too familiar with the goddess Sekhmet, when "Sekhmet: Transformation In The Belly of the Goddess" by Nicki Scully popped up on Amazon, I was intrigued reading the description and reviews. I decided to buy it for my Kindle. WOW! Nicki Scully is amazing, and her story of her journeys with Sekhmet, a lioness goddess of the Egyptian pantheon, are brilliant!
A war and transformation goddess, much like my Morrigan, Sekhmet was was worshiped and revered in ancient Egypt. Scully's journeys with Sekhmet permanently "transformed her," and she wants to spread the word of her experiences to everyone!
Please note that the rituals in this book are extremely intense and recommended for serious practitioners ONLY. While it's a fascinating read, it is NOT recommended that those with a casual interest or curiosity jump into these rituals! Scully herself asserts that only those who are truly ready for a life-changing experience should even consider these rituals.
Overall, however, this is a great read and I highly recommend it to anyone with an interest in paganism, shamanism, alchemical healing, goddess studies, and/or Egypt!
Please check out Nicki Scully's site: http://www.shamanicjourneys.com/index.php
Unimpressed by Sekhmet's good friend Bastet.




No comments:
Post a Comment