Monday, August 13, 2018

Homeland Security/Cyber Defense

Yes, I know it's been a while since I last posted! Things have been well. As some may know, a couple of months ago I was transferred to the Planning/Training Section of the Ohio Military Reserve and I have been enjoying it so far! Last drill was spent preparing for this year's upcoming Annual Training-can't believe it's only a month away!
But onto the topic I wanted to discuss. Homeland Security. Is it bordering on corrupt? Many say yes, and I want to agree, in many ways.
I know that there has been much concern over the past several months about the Central American immigrant children being separated from their parents and held in cages. It's been said that "such trauma at that age causes lasting psychological impact throughout life." I am a victim of childhood trauma, and I have to agree first hand. I don't want to go into details, as it may be a trigger, particularly to those of whom suffered childhood trauma themselves.
Do I believe that Homeland Security be entirely abolished? No! Organizations along the lines of the Department of Homeland Security are imperative to the overall well being and security of the nation. Do I believe that truly criminal individuals who would truly threaten our well-being be allowed in? No!
How do we reform Homeland Security? Should ICE be abolished? Those questions are open to discussion.
The biggest upcoming thing is cyber defense, and I believe that that should be among our top priorities. So why are such few individuals trained in it? Why are the numbers of entry level cyber defense jobs still relatively low? What's holding us back? As a matter of fact, I was recently watching an impressive, yet somewhat sobering and frightening real-time live stream of all the cyber terrorism occurring in the world-as it happened. We've sat around and did nothing so far-let's get with the times before a true catastrophe happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...