Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Sigyn

 (337) Sigyn (Ritual & Meditation Music) - YouTube

So who is she, one may ask? Or, if you're familiar with her, you may wonder why the goddess of loyalty and fidelity would want to work with me?

I don't rightfully know, either. But, Sigyn, known as the faithful wife of Loki, really isn't a meek goddess of compassion, I've come to realize. Sigyn is actually the goddess of victory. Now that's more like it for me, I thought.

When Loki was imprisoned for the death of Baldur, tied in a cave with the intestines of his own son with poisonous venom dripping down on him, Sigyn refused to part ways with him. She sits at his side catching the venom in a large bowl. When she must leave the cave to empty the bowl, Loki suffers...and according to sources, this is what causes earthquakes (which are getting more and more frequent...hmmm...)

Sigyn being seen as a doormat causes many of her followers to bristle. Until recently, I shunned her. What would someone like her have to offer me? 

But as time went by, I couldn't ignore her any longer. First off, she can help the wounded "inner child." And, some actually see her as conniving as Loki...his partner in crime, who decided to say F you to the Aesir. Again, her name means "victory."

There isn't much written about Sigyn from pre-Christian Scandinavia. Could she actually have been a powerful warrior goddess before Christianity took over? That's the vibe that I'm getting. Sigyn is coming to me as definitely not what she seems at all...much more fierce and powerful than she seems at first on the surface. Perhaps even someone who intentionally utilizes how meek and sweet she seems to manipulate people. Like Odin, she chooses as her disciples, females (males and nonbinary as well) that she sees as extremely strong and powerful! She has a playful side to her as well!

What about offerings to Sigyn? Well, according to a source she likes mac and cheese! Also, it's come to me that she likes cotton candy perfume, Hatsune Miku (the world is mine!) and K-pop (which I have ironcally *just* gotten into...BTS! I know, that does not sound like my type at all.) Her favorite show is one of my favorites...Courage the Cowardly Dog! (Note: It's also a favorite of her husband Loki, and her stepdaughter Hel as well.)   

I offered up a couple of things to mighty Sigyn today. Here they are:


(they were actually Yule gifts to me and I *love* the cat chapstick!)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...