Many may know of my experiences with Reiki and shamanism...but I had never been exposed to Access Consciousness before. However, hearing more about it, I had an inkling that it may be a good step for me. So when I got the chance to try out a "mini session" at the nearby Reiki Center, I jumped at it.
I arrived at 1915 on the night of the Yule Solstice, not knowing what to expect since I had never had it done before, but keeping an open mind, as I was advised to do before coming. Upon entering the room, the feeling was intense, but not in a bad way at all. After going through a quick rundown with my practitioner on things that I wanted "worked on" we got started.
Access Consciousness is different from Reiki. The practitioner will put their hands on "access bars" on your head to "tap in" to consciousness, all while talking to you and asking you questions that you wanted to ask your body and/or subconscious. For example, I brought up a lot of elementary school trauma and how it was holding me back. But I kept getting flashes of the word POWER in my mind. I brought up something that I had wondered the whole time-I was an incredibly strong-willed, assertive child. Not the way that I appeared for so many years afterwards at all. But I have wondered if my "truly sick" first grade teacher treated me the way that she did because...she was in awe of my "power." I was way more headstrong and aggressive than the average six year old girl! In some ways, I strongly feel as though she was jealous of my fierce nature. She lashed out at me because I was what she wished that she herself had been allowed to be.
I also got another message, "Be yourself." I brought up ADHD and how it hinders many parts of my life...but is it really me, or is it society? Could I use ADHD to my benefit? What about the advantages of ADHD, such as thinking outside of the box, a passionate nature, and greater attention to detail? The "neurodiverse" don't need to change-the world needs to change! We're doing no one any favors.
I also told her that for quite a while, I had been feeling Fenrir, the Great Wolf. And it's true-for some time, as I've been falling asleep, I've felt myself straining as I was attempting to break free from chains (i.e. Fenrir's "Gleipnir") and feeling as though I wanted to howl! Fenrir represents a lot of what I am...powerful, passionate, and misunderstood. He's not an evil deity per se...he just is what he is, and in a world where everyone was expected to fit into a mold, he paid the price.
Not to mention, Fenrir will also apparently usher in Ragnarok. Is that on the horizon? Could be! Pandemics, war, climate change, inflation...but is it really the "end?" Does it need to happen? Really, yes. But the "end" isn't the concrete end. I believe the neurodiverse have the energy of Fenrir very strongly...and Lord Fenrir will act through us!
As the session was ending, the practitioner mentioned a book to me: "You Wouldn't Teach a Fish to Climb A Tree!" I haven't been able to get my hands on it...but it's definitely a plan!
As a matter of fact, I'm signed up for a virtual online New Year's session with her this upcoming Friday. Expect to see a post on it afterwards! I'm excited to see where this upcoming year will take us.
No comments:
Post a Comment