Monday, August 30, 2021

Odin...

Deep meditations tonight. I heard earlier, "the gods are greater than humans, but with some work, even humans can become gods."

After hearing that, tonight this came to me: we don't just learn from the gods, the gods learn from us. The "download" that I received from the Allfather tonight:
"Don't make the same mistake that I did. Do not go all out searching for wisdom-but if you must, do not keep it to yourself. Share it with all of those around you."
Although there are stanzas of the Havamal that I don't agree with, much of it does ring true. Stanzas such as "a man should not know too much" hit me straight in the feels. "It is hard for one who knows too much to be truly happy."
Look at my high-ass IQ...and all of my mental issues that I suffer from. I have it all out the wazoo. They stem from the sad fact that I know and can figure out too much-and that is why I am so fucking haunted.
Odin comes to me (and many of his other devotees say the same thing) as a very sad, depressed god-and he is the god of wisdom and intellect. I am grateful that he chose yours truly, because I totally get his issues (the fact that he often chooses powerful females is another reason, I take honor to that.)
I believe that Odin suffered for the runes because he came to his senses-but he's beat himself up ever since. If one really digs deep into the Havamal, much of it is really Odin regretting himself and beating himself up.
Again, tonight's words: "Don't make the same mistake that I did. Do not go all out searching for wisdom-but if you must, do not keep it to yourself. Share it with all of those around you."
Timely words for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...