Sunday, May 9, 2021

Recent dream

So, another dream! (TRIGGER WARNING: A bit of a graphic description of combat injuries, so tread with caution reading this if that may be a trigger.)

In this one I was in the living room of a very large old house with a couple of other young women. One of the young women looked very close to someone that I once knew in waking life, who I had felt a close pull to (and still do) and another one put me in mind of another one of my own fictional characters who with her family were Irish immigrants on a wagon train going to Oregon. It was a very dark, cold, autumn night outside (my favorite) and we had a fire lit in the fireplace and that was the only light. We all had AKs and were waiting, knowing that someone or some*thing* was going to burst in. Suddenly I heard, "they're coming, take your stations." The other two knelt behind furniture with their rifles and I ran up the stairs to the balcony looking overhead with mine just as the enemy (...some...sort of army-the "soldiers" weren't completely human...some sort of demonic/supernatural things...???) burst in through the doors. The others started shooting and I shot too, off of the balcony looking down, and my bullets found their target right on the back of the head of one of the enemy soldiers and I saw the guy's brains splatter and their skull exposed. (You are welcome for the lovely imagery, ah well, bet some of ya reading this have seen this in waking life.) Then someone else there on the enemy side was a combat medic and I remember getting sad vibes from him...
I am wondering right now if this dream could have been a sign from my paternal grandfather who was a combat medic in World War II and suffered a traumatizing head wound and suffered severe PTSD, depression, and erratic behavior ever since??? (I never knew him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...