For the first time in quite a while, I was able to go on a seven mile run last night. As of now, 0438 hours, I am still feeling incredibly good and relaxed...more so than I have been in some time.
"Runner's high," as many probably know, is a very real thing. It releases endorphins, that is feel-good chemicals in your brain.
I've believed that endurance running (or hiking) would be incredibly beneficial for people...not just in the autism community, but people in general. I believe that most people in the modern civilized Western world don't get into nature as much as they should, and sure as hell don't exercise like they should.
How can we change that? I'm toying with the idea to get...SOMETHING figured out. How to get some sort of endurance running and hiking group set up? (I'd consider longboarding as well, but I do take into consideration that it may not be as easy finance wise.) Anyone could join-but I'd focus on people from the autism community-anxiety and depression as well. It would be free to join, but I'd gladly accept donations-pay what you can. I believe that it could work out and be beneficial for so many people. I'm glad that I discovered these sports. I don't know where I would be today if I hadn't-and I'd love to share that with so many others!
No comments:
Post a Comment