It was recently brought to my attention lately that I should seriously consider spending some time living on a Catholic Worker farm. What's a Catholic Worker farm, you ask?
Glad you asked. The Catholic Worker system was begun by Dorothy Day-and oh my, does she sound like she was an absolute scream. https://www.catholicworker.org/
But I don't just want to live on one of these farms. I want to start my own. Probably more easily said than done.
What would it cater to? Autism advocacy and acceptance, naturally. Enough of these farms center around hospitality, however they apparently want more centering around "resistance"-a huge love of Dorothy's apparently. We resist ableism. We resist neurotypicalism. We accept and shout to the world that not all can or will work 9-5, 5 days a week jobs.
I'm not going to lie. Although I don't agree with most of their politics, I am drawn toward the "spiritual" side of Catholicism. I believe I always have been, more or less. As a child, I remember having dreams of Mary-and I swear that I saw the silhouette of Mary on the wall one night just a few years ago. And of course, Joan of Arc, my first and foremost! (Go a few posts down to see my interesting encounters I've had in the recent past.) So more or less, you could say that I'm somewhat of a "spiritual Catholic." I'm not confirmed or anything-but guess what, I don't believe that you need permission to be a Catholic spiritually. No, scratch that-you don't.
Overall, it's funny though that Catholic Worker farms should be brought up to me as I'm getting into "spiritual Catholicism." Hmmm...
Continued next: My Egyptian practices tying in...
No comments:
Post a Comment