Saturday, January 25, 2020

Anubis and Co.


At the same time that I've been practicing "spiritual Catholicism" I've been tying some Egyptian practices into this as well. Let's face it-the Egyptians were geniuses and knew quite a bit. Honestly, more than we do today. Of course we all know that I have a pretty close relationship with Anubis and have for a while. Some may know about my encounter with him a couple of years ago-I was holding a statue of him that I had just gotten and I swear that I heard his voice say to me "You are your worst enemy." Another encounter was a dream that I had about a year ago. I was lying on a table being prepped for surgery I believe. I believe that the surgeon was Anubis. He told me what beautiful blue eyes I had-and handed me a glowing blue ankh-the very powerful Egyptian symbol of life. (Note, Anubis is the Egyptian god of death, as well as mummification and embalming, but I don't let that put you off if he comes to you. "Death" is often a metaphor for new beginnings-a new, and often better, life is on the horizon when he wants to work with you.) 

 I found a website that outlines a very basic way to attune yourself to "Sekhem," an Egyptian form of energy healing-similar to Reiki but even more powerful apparently! Sekhem also comes from the Egyptian lion goddess Sekhmet, who is VERY powerful! I love her. If anyone's interested in knowing more about her, there's a great book by Nikki Scully entitled "Sekhmet: Transformation in the Belly of the Goddess" that's worth a read. I'd recommend that anyone with an interest in shamanism, goddess worship, and/or Egypt pick it up, I will however say that Scully herself asserts that the rituals described in the book are for serious, experienced practitioners ONLY. They are very intense and NOT for beginners!

Is there any way that Egyptian practices and Christianity/Catholicism tie in? Quite possibly so. There are many mysteries surrounding ancient Egypt, just as there are truths about Christianity that have been hidden for two thousand years. We don't know anything about the early years of Jesus-they are erased from history. We do, however know that Jesus did spend much of his childhood in Egypt after he and his parents were forced to flee Israel when he was a newborn. Who knows who and what they could have run into while living in Egypt...that could have been an inspiration? 

Also, I'll say it again, people with Irish and/or Scottish in them should never ignore it if they start having dreams or visions of Egyptian deities! They love working with Gaels-they call us "the sons and daughters of Scotia" and it's not at all uncommon for Irish and Scottish people to begin having dreams and visions of Egyptian deities. Gaels-answer the call if you hear, see, or feel it! (I've also read somewhere that for some reason, Mary is very protective of Irish women.)

While we're at it, shout out too to Sobek (crocodile god of the military), who often comes to me before drill weekends to give me his blessings, which I love! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...