I was recently told that I should attempt to cut back on gluten, and for a couple of weeks I've been trying to eliminate it as much as possible. Already I can see a bit of improvement.
The Irish have a very high incidence of gluten sensitivity and celiac disease. I've always had several symptoms of gluten sensitivity, in particular irritability, anxiety, depression, brain fog, headaches, and fatigue. It's only up until reason that I've taken it into consideration. Surprisingly, celiac disease is also strongly linked to alcoholism. I have heavy alcoholism on both sides of my family, not to mention anxiety-sides that are heavily Irish as well.
Celiac is known as an "Irish disease." It mainly features in Irish people. Could some "Irish" stereotypes, such as irritability, anxiety, depression, and of course, alcoholism, actually be attributed to gluten sensitivity? I'm starting to realize that when I consume gluten I often feel unwell. Not dying sick, but not hot. I've been better since I've cut back on gluten. Also I want to try to cut back on coffee as well-they say that isn't great for those with a gluten sensitivity, and indeed it does make me feel more moody and brain-fogged!
I've heard success stories of people who cut back on gluten and it gave them a whole new outlook on life. Hopefully that'll be the case with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment