Sunday, July 23, 2017

BELT Graduate!

Our last weekend of the Ohio Military Reserve Basic Entry Level Training Academy is over and I am officially a BELT graduate!
The Blue Phase consisted of a lot-and I mean a lot-of Drill and Ceremony, as we were warned that it would. Humidity and thunderstorms didn't dampen enthusiasm! The high point for me was probably the PT tests on Saturday night. My scores: Push-ups: 22; Sit-ups: 62; Mile Run; 8:58 minutes. Numerous individuals commented on how I "killed everyone" at the run! I usually run a faster mile than almost nine minutes, but the heat slowed me down.
Overall, it was a good time, and the academy instructors are all wonderful! We had a wonderful graduation ceremony early this afternoon with Private Devon Coffman being named Honor Student, a honor that he CERTAINLY deserved!
LOYALTY AND DISCIPLINE!!!
My very first ever award-BELT Graduate ribbon!

P.S. Please keep Private Curtis Fleischmann and his family in your thoughts, as his mother suddenly passed away on Saturday. He had to leave the academy just a day before graduation to go home for his family! Thoughts going up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...