I am autism
I gradually led you out of the caves
I ensured that your ancient ancestors did not go hungry
I have given to you, through my children, The greatest hunters and warriors
And as time went by
The greatest scientists
The greatest inventors
The greatest writers
The greatest war heroes
The greatest politicians
The greatest doctors
The greatest explorers
I am autism.
What you are told about me is a lie.
I wish to help you.
But you do not wish to understand me.
You strive to hurt me, to kill me.
You live in more fear of me than you do measles, mumps, polio and diphtheria.
You wish to eradicate me more than you do cancer, AIDS, and Ebola.
You injure and kill my children-and receive sympathy.
I am autism. I was born to make sure that you did not go hungry.
As I grew, I gave you all the great names that you know today.
I gave you everything that you cannot live without.
I am autism. Please let me win. You are still scared. But you should not be.
I am autism. Please understand me. I've given you everything that you cannot live without. If you kill me, where will you be?
Burning Times: I thought this song went along!
(Autism probably evolved for hunting, hence me putting "so your ancestors didn't go hungry.")
Do a search on Autism Speaks "I Am Autism" if you want to see what this is an answer to!
No comments:
Post a Comment