Tuesday, May 28, 2024

I'm alive! Hope that you're still checking in!

 Title says it all! It's been months... but here is an honest update.

I want to commence serious blogging on my struggles (and working through) with mental health and C-PTSD. More posts will follow this in a day or so, so stay tuned.

Or not. I will say...I am not going to sugarcoat things. Much of my posts will be extremely blunt, and not pretty. They will touch on my utilization of EMDR/brainspotting videos on YouTube, the Finch app, and therapy plushies. 

I know that mental health isn't pretty...and, as I wrote (on social media) last Easter, thinking, as I always have on Easter in the eight years since I came up with her, of my character Stormy Maeve Johnson, "here we are 108 years after her story takes place, and mental health is still hardly less of a joke as it was in 1916. In real life a self-harmer such as Stormy would have been institutionalized...and although the institutions have shut down, we're really not that much better." Anyway, back to myself: some of my posts (on working through mental health and my experiences) aren't going to be pretty. There WILL be trigger warnings, so don't fear-but please don't read any posts that you believe may be a trigger. 

I've got some OSU coursework, as well as the Ohio Military Reserve (and possible new opportunities with said organization as well!) but posts will indeed become more frequent. I promise! Hope that all is well.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...