Thursday, February 15, 2024

Art Therapy, Magi the Alpaca, and Others


 Art therapy and plushies have been a great stress reliever/therapy tool for me. I sent this drawing I did of my Alpaca to my uncle! Drawing him actually relaxed and uplifted me a lot... Magi (Alpaca) is from Slumberkins and was actually made with stress relief in mind.
Magi (mah-gee) is Cherokee for "warrior of the gods." I wanted to give him a Cherokee name since his affirmations says "climbing these mountains, I am never alone...and my favorite memories were spent backpacking in the NC mountains, Cherokee country!)

And here's one of my dear Badtz-Maru Squishmallow (from Sanrio, in the Hello Kitty universe.)

Overall, I do recommend trying art therapy for C-PTSD and stress...even if you suck ass at art, as do I. Believe me, after math, art is probably my worst subject...but still give it a try. You know what, especially if you think that you're terrible at drawing. After making an art piece that you like...you'll smile and say, "I made that!" A great stress reliever and confidence booster ...but at least get some plushies. Slumberkins and Squishmallows are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...