Monday, September 18, 2023

Think Veterans First Expo

 


Along with several other members of the Ohio Military Reserve, I was recently tasked with recruiting and logistical and security support at the third annual Think Veterans First Expo in Columbus, Ohio. It’s safe to say that it was a success! Many intrigued parties approached the OHMR recruiting table, with several expressing their plans to attend the next Open House. 
Not only that, we met many interesting people, and new acquaintances were made. As a matter of fact, we all walked out with bags full of great freebies! I also want to thank Regina, the founder of Think Veterans First, whose book I hope to read and review.
But what was the highlight of the day? Me getting to shake hands with (Retired) Maj. Gen. Deborah Ashenhurst...the first female Adjutant General of the Ohio Army National Guard! Gen. Ashenhurst paved the way for women everywhere. Hooah!

(Another shout out has to go to the owner of the great gelato truck that was parked outside. I got a cup of Birthday Cake from him. YUM!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...