Maybe you've heard, or maybe not, of the recent endeavors of former Disney Channel star Demi Lovato, which I have been following with interest.
After healing from hitting serious rock bottom with drugs and health issues, Lovato has recently come out as non-binary, preferring to be addressed by they/them pronouns. (Of course, that is totally acceptable in my circles!) That's not all-they have also become a "channel" for numerous entities. The most significant one seems to be an entity named "Carmen," who here, Lovato sings their song "Skyscraper" to connect with.
Demi Sings Skyscraper to an Extraterrestrial Entity | Unidentified with Demi Lovato - YouTube
Skyscraper - Demi Lovato (Lyrics) 🎵 - YouTube
Lovato has seemed to found a big niche in searching for entities and meditating to contact beings, as their numerous interviews, as well as the new reality show that they star in, shows us! However, many don't agree with this new lifestyle and interest of Lovato's. "She's mentally ill," some have said. "This is a side effects from the drugs that she was on," others have asserted. "She's an attention seeker," of course. Even a few say, "This is actually a sign of demonic possession. She needs to repent!" Notice how all refuse to use their new preferred pronouns of "they/them," instead using their "dead" pronouns of she/her.
What do I believe? Of course I don't know Lovato personally. I believe that it could very much indeed be a side effect of drugs, which as I said, they struggled for years with serious addictions to. Could these indeed have been nothing more than "trips" on drugs? Indeed, quite possibly. But...what if they weren't? What if Lovato has indeed become a "channel?" Sometimes, it does indeed take severe trauma-indeed, hitting "rock bottom" for one to become "woke." So could it really be something other than the side effects of drugs?
This will be for another post, but I will say that extremely strange things have been occurring to me, myself (not all in a bad way...last night I was actually giggling uncontrollably and truly felt happier than I really had since...BEFORE MY FIRST GRADE TRAUMA???!!! I don't know what happened, but...) Sometimes I wonder if all of the trauma in my own life actually *did* need to happen...???
One last thing: how do I feel about "non-binary?" Totally accepting-as a matter of fact for a while I actually considered identifying as non-binary (not anymore, I am a cisgender female...but I actually very much respect those who consider themselves "outside of the gender binary!)
No comments:
Post a Comment