Monday, October 12, 2020

Self care nights

 A couple of days ago, we observed World Mental Health Day. That night, I began my nightly self care "ritual." And wow, does it make a world of difference!

As many know, I like to work out and work up a sweat, and afterwards take a refreshing shower. This is done, and in the past several nights Dark Yoga has been incorporated. Heavenly! This renders me relaxed and refreshed. 

I was also recently given an essential oil diffuser-I had actually been sort of wanting one for a while. Either lavender or frankincense tends to be my scent of choice, and my diffuser also has the great feature included of lighting up with different colors. Frankly, I enjoy the dark red glow, in the black room. I know that such an aesthetic isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it is soothing and grounding to me. 

The other night, I felt the presences of Brigid, Anubis, and Fenrir while doing this. Here are my sculptures of all three deities hanging out: 


  All mean so much to me! Brigid, lady of the fire, of the forge, of healing, of poetry. Anubis, god of the underworld, of initiation. And last, but definitely not least. Fenrir...he is likely the most misunderstood and feared of the Norse deities. And he is indeed, a fearsome demonic warg prophesied to destroy the world at Ragnorak! But even he, Lord of Destruction, has something to say to us: Know your dark side. Rejoice in the unknown. Come into the cavernous depths of your soul, welcome the black night. (Highly recommended: The Voluspa.)

Also highly recommended is lavender tea. I also love to listen to dark ambient music and pull a card and/or a rune!  

I have many ASMR ambience videos that I love for late night relaxation and study sessions. I can't recommend Miracle Forest on YouTube enough! (Check out her "Midnight Diner" video for a late night study/writing session, or "Faun's Coffee Shop" for an evening coffee break.) 

The other night my Bastet Squishable wanted to hang out with me for my self-care. I was able to get some really wicked aesthetic pictures of her!



I can't decide which one I like better, really. I love the blue glow because it looks surreal/cool/futuristic, but on the other hand, with her being an Egyptian deity, the golden glow really seems to capture the "vibe" of ancient Egypt!

I highly recommend taking some time each night for self-care. It will make a *world* of difference. Feel free to go off some of my ideas, or do you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...