Tuesday, January 9, 2018

A freezing drill weekend

WOW, was January drill freezing! Even I was in layers!
Upon arriving, we were told instantly that no one would be going outside for prolonged periods of time due to frostbite conditions. We had a stream of visitor traffic on Saturday, and a quieter day on Sunday. Sunday was also the funeral of MSG Bruce Caudy, who passed away on New Year's Day after a lengthy illness. I did not know him, however I did see him in the chow hall at Camp Perry where General Harris presented him with an award. Caudy had apparently said that he wanted to make it to Christmas, and not only did he do that, but he saw the New Year as well! Condolences to his family and friends.
Overall, the cold didn't make a dent in too much plans. I am still enjoying the Security Section, particularly learning to "wand" people on Saturday! That's right, we now have wands like airport scanners for visitors coming in, due to the fact that we are now in Condition Bravo. I always said I never wanted to be a TSA agent, well now I guess I am in a way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Six Triple Eight

  Ever heard of the only all-female, all-black segregated Army unit shipped to Europe during WWII? Thanks to Netflix's acclaimed new hit...