I've been going in for reiki treatments at the Reiki Center in Columbus, Ohio for about a month now, and yesterday I had an especially profound session which really opened my eyes!
As many may know, I was the victim of extreme abuse in shame by a teacher in first grade, and I have been told that shame of a child at that age can have an extremely negative impact on the individual's entire life. I was also told that it very likely could have blocked my throat chakra, rendering me incapable of communicating for many, many, years...and forcing me to be held back.
My practitioner, during my session, had me lay on the table and close my eyes. She told me to imagine a place where I felt comfortable, and for some reason I felt like I just had to say, "the Blue Ridge Mountains." As some may know, the Blue Ridge Mountains are very close to a camp where I went to for seven years (including two awesome semesters of school!) and where I really learned who I was, what I was good at...overall that there were things that I could do.
I had mentioned to her that I was a certified wildland firefighter and it was something that I would love to look into for a job (as a matter of fact it was being in North Carolina that made me think that it may be something that I'd be good at!) Suddenly I had the sense that there was a wildfire in the distance, and I was required to fight it. I found myself walking over to the fire, noticing that there was burned black ground-a safety zone of course ("keep one foot in the black" is a common saying whenever you are fighting a wildfire, as the burned areas are the safe areas should the fire get out of control.)
But suddenly the fire surrounded and encircled me-but I wasn't afraid. The fire was totally around me but I felt no fear. Instead I realized that I had a shovel in my hand (a common wildland firefighting tool) and i felt myself holding it up. As I held it up, the fire began to move away! And, for some reason, it wasn't burning anything...all the places where the fire had been was green and growing!
Suddenly, although I had been alone, I realized that I was surrounded by other people...and they were following my lead. They were helping to push the fire away! It then began to rain, and, with the exception of a few hotspots, the fire was doused. This was an amazing experience and really made me think!
She then had me walk through what my life may look like two years from now. I got the weirdest feeling that I lived in Oregon, at the outskirts of a big city, maybe even Oregon City (the end of the trail!) in a good-sized house, and was very well off. Then I got the feeling that I had saved someone's life! Maybe in wildland firefighting...but I had a feeling that I was more involved in Search and Rescue. (And...the motto of Search and Rescue is "so others may live.") I also knew that I was over my driving anxiety-I actually saw myself driving the car that I have now (well it is a Corolla, they run until they rust) so I got the feeling that I had driven it cross country with no problem! I felt like I was content and happy. Seriously-this is the life I truly felt.
We also went through talking to the throat chakra (which for some reason manifested as a green blob...) and realizing that much of my shame and dependence issues do, in fact, stem from my experience in first grade. But we also talked about learning to forgive. I got a picture of the teacher who had wronged me in my head and for some reason the word heartbroken instantly came to mind. I brought this up. Who knows what all she had gone through. (My parents both had suspicions that she was drinking or on drugs, had some sort of mental problem...and I do know that she had two grown daughters that would have nothing to do with her.) I was instantly told "Happy people don't act that way." Anyone ever heard the saying "hurt people hurt people?" Well it's true.
I was told that all I need to do is forgive...and then I will be able to move forward and live the life that I want and deserve!
This was a beautiful experience...I also felt the presence of the Irish mother goddess Danu in the room with me the whole time, and saw her in my mind's eye...she is a beautiful woman with long dark curly hair and big green eyes wearing a green and gold dress...and Patch the cat even payed a visit as well! For all of you who knew him, he's doing great!!!!
For anyone who's looking to get a treatment such as reiki, tuning forks, cranio sacral therapy (she did that on me as well and I recommend it) shamanism, etc. do look up The Reiki Center on West Fifth Avenue! I am finally beginning to believe that I am taking control of my life!
One more thing...I was told to say thank you to the ones that shamed and wronged me. After all, in the long run, it made me a stronger person...
No comments:
Post a Comment